Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birthday preparations

I've decided that third babies kinda get the shaft.....

With your first, you buy everything brand-new, take a ton of pictures, actually pull out the video camera, blah, blah, blah. And you plan a huge, awesome first birthday party, inviting everyone you know and their families. All planned weeks in advance. You scour the internet and the stores for the perfect gift(s), and spend a great amount of time lovingly picking out that 1st birthday theme; with a matching cake, of course.

The third baby, however, gets mostly (if not all) hand-me-downs. In our house the picture thing isn't accurate; I actually take more pictures now than I did when it was just Aiden. But it's the birthday thing that's got me.

Last week, I realized that it was going to be Finn's birthday in, well, a week. And I hadn't planned a thing!!! Hmmmmm..... I need to pull a party together for this kid. Here we are, three days before his birthday. I managed to pull together a small guest list, and Paige and I went to the party store last night to pick out a party theme (jungle animals it is....). I think I'm going to make cupcakes, and I told the party invites that we'd do dinner. I still have no idea what I'm going to feed us all, though. And I don't have a clue what to get Finn for his birthday present!!!

Definitely a far cry from Aiden's first birthday party. But the important thing is that we recognize the day of Finn's birth. And that we will certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment