Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ugh... is spring in sight yet????

This fine Valentine's Day 2010 saw most of my family sick. Aiden, Paige, and Finn are all several days out from fevers, but all three of them have that horrible, barky cough that scares the heck out of less *seasoned* parents. And the snot is running like a waterfall around this place. I wish I had caught a pic of the bubbles coming out of Finn's nose earlier. It was priceless.... We finally caved, medicating two out of the three before bed tonight in the hopes of a good nights' sleep for all. Yeah. We'll see about that.

Chris and I seem to take turns contracting whatever ailment it is that plagues our children. apparently this time, it was my turn. Joy. Enter fever, sore throat, headache, and post-nasal drip. Oh yeah, and that snot-fall I mentioned earlier? Might as well add my name to that list. But on the bright side.... at least it's not strep this time. And all on my days off, too.

But, since everyone was feeling marginally better today, we managed to make it out to visit with a dear friend who moved away about a year ago. Trinity and her kids were in town for the weekend, so we had an impromptu playdate. It was great to see her and the kids again.... Everyone grows too fast!!!

I think we'll celebrate Valentine's Day tomorrow, and take the kids to lunch at Red Robin. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that's the worst. Hope you were able to do some celebrating!

    ReplyDelete