Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Patience is NOT my virture....

I'm really excited about learning the process for this whole surrogacy thing. I must be. Waiting to hear back from the surrogacy agency is driving me NUTS!!! I sent the initial "Hi, how are you, I'm interested in this whole thing" email on a Tuesday. A week later, I was about to give in and send another email when they finally responded to me with their initial 15 question screening tool.

Me, being the nerd that I am, filled the thing out and had it emailed back to the lady in about 20 minutes. That was last Tuesday. A week ago. And I'm still waiting to hear if the even received the thing. Ugh. I HATE waiting.

I'm tempted to send her an email asking if they got the form. But I don't know the etiquette for something like this..... Should I wait to hear back, should I bug them???? I don't want to be a pain, but really, I think a week is plenty of time for an initial review.

So, I guess I'm not too impressed with the response time this agency has offered. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the place for me.... If they take this long just to respond back, how will they handle more important aspects of the process?

The problem is that there are only 3 or so agencies for this type of thing in our area. The initial information I have for all 3 agencies comes from their websites. And out of the 3, the agency I contacted had (by far) the most comprehensive, well put together website. One of the other websites was full of typos, and the form that you could download to "apply" was jacked up and full of mistakes. And the 3rd place's website was so unremarkable that I looked at it for about 2.5 minutes and shut it down. I also have a friend who is listed as a surrogate through the agency I contacted, so it comes pretty highly recommended to me.

Grrrrr...... Really, how hard is it to send a simple email: "Hey, we got your questionnaire, and are reviewing the answers. We will contact you soon."

Not difficult.

So, for now, I'm waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Kim! I agree with you, how hard would it be to send a short email. So exctied for this journey in your life. You are going to be a true blessing to someone. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is so incredibly cool that you are doing this. Hang in there. I totally get it. I have zero patience.

    ReplyDelete