Monday, March 1, 2010

Bittersweet


My baby is going to be 1 tomorrow. Well, in about 4 1/2 hours from now. I just cannot believe how fast the time goes by. It really does seem like just yesterday that they placed that heavy, warm, newborn bundle into my arms for me to kiss for the very first time. My very last baby. I knew the time would go fast..... I just was hoping it wouldn't go as fast as it did.
As much as I love seeing my kids grow, and learn, and discover, there's always that part of me that wants them to slow down a bit. Or freeze in time for a few more weeks. I guess that's why I take a million pictures.

My baby is now officially a toddler.

At one year:

We turned around Finn's carseat. Woohoo!!! Now he rides like a big boy.

Finn is cruising like a champ, and will take a few hesitant steps if he's holding a hand.

He's crawling like "normal" all the time now; not just a carpet-only activity.

He babbles and screeches with the best of them. Occasionally throwing in an almost understandable word.

He sleeps through the night most nights. But still refuses more than one nap a day.

I don't think I've given him jarred baby food at all in the last two weeks.

Finn tried peanut butter one day last week, and wasn't too impressed by it.

He still loves music, and dances or claps along. Patty-Cake is his favorite.

He has this incredible almost curly hair. I'm going to let it grow, just to see what it does.

He finally cut one front tooth, and has been trying to cut the other for the last week.

Finn has the entire family wrapped around his cute little chubby fingers. And none of us would have it any other way.


It's such a wondrous thing to watch your babies grow into little people. Though I am sad when each baby stage passes with Finn, I try to remind myself that watching him grow into his own person is just as sweet.


Happy birthday, Bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment