Thursday, February 25, 2010

The schedule change

Well, we're in week 3, I think, of this new schedule I initiated. I'm not too sure how we're all liking it.

The kids are confused because they can't predict my work days any more. I've tried to fix this by highlighting the days on my calendar, but they haven't gotten in the habit of looking there.

I never know what day it is anymore, and am constantly stopping to try and figure it out. I feel like I don't know if I'm coming or going. It's even hard at work. I never realized how much I relied on knowing exactly when I worked last without thinking about it. I feel like my whole frame of reference is changing.

Chris isn't sure he likes it, either. We were all really used to the three on/ four off routine. Sure, I get that huge chunk of time off once a month. The tradeoff is that my other workdays are clumped a lot closer together than they were before. Chris is now almost entirely responsible for school schedules and shuttling kids back and forth. And it's hard!!!

I'm so tempted to sit down with the schedule grid again (barf) and try to work out something that's a little more inbetween. Like maybe me working three out of four weekends, and having the days more evenly balanced....

My co-workers might hate me. Just a little.

2 comments:

  1. You do what you need to do to keep your sanity, girl! By the way, gave you an award because I think you're special. XO

    ReplyDelete