Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jury Duty

Oh boy. I've been called for Jury duty. Hear the excitement in my voice? Actually, I was called for jury duty at the end of last month.... for the entire month of February. Yeah. The entire month. I thought it was just a one week thing????

Anyhow, I've skated through 2/3 of the month (as potential juror #551) without incident. But my number has finally been called. I have to report to the courthouse at 0830 Monday morning. Ugh. Couldn't they have at least called my number on a day that I could claim jury duty for work????

So, we'll see what the hoopla is all about. I've been told to bring a good book. Sounds like the day could potentially be very boring.

Incidentally, trying to explain jury duty to an almost 7-year old little boy is not easy. And explaining to him why he cannot go with me is even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment