Friday, February 12, 2010

Taking pictures, and the best snack EVER

We love to take pictures here. The great thing about a digital camera, everyone knows, is that you can take hundreds of shots and just delete the ones you don't like.

I have friends who take beautiful pictures. They have a great eye for what makes a beautiful shot, and seem to get the lighting right every time, and manage to not get those in-the-middle-of-a-blink shots that I get. I've discovered over the years that I have no talent for photography whatsoever. I've often pulled out a solid colored sheet and tried my own "studio photography at home" with the kids. It's been a disaster every time. Oh well. Good thing I have great friends who take great pictures, and the occasional trip to a professional studio to back me up!

My kids love to take pictures, too. They're getting old enough that I can hand over the camera and let them have a ball. It's really cool to see the world from their perspective. And they take pictures of some of the strangest things......



Honestly, I think Nutella qualifies as one of the greatest food creations ever. I have been eating this wonderful spread since I was a child in Germany. I was beyond thrilled when they finally started selling this ooey-gooey chocolaty hazelnut goodness here in the states. I don't let myself buy Nutella very often. I'm too likely to sit down with the jar and a spoon and nosh away. Honestly, I'm not sure there is any sort of bread/ grain product that can't benefit from a little Nutella. Toast, good. Bagels, good. Crepes, good. Waffles..... you get my drift. If you've never had Nutella, and love chocolate, I'd highly encourage you to run out and buy some. Now. Or at the very least tomorrow morning. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Why have I never heard of nutella??? Might have to get some based on your great review.
    great teeth shots! Lol

    ReplyDelete