Friday, January 8, 2010

Sassy and Sweet

With all the sassy that I have in my house, sometimes I forget just how sweet my kids are.

Take this morning.... I got home around 8, as usual. Chris, Paige, and Finn were up and awake to greet me. (Finn with a pterodactyl-like shriek, and immediate scooting over to the door.) Aiden was still upstairs in bed asleep, which is very unusual. Maybe it was because he was still asleep in our bed. Anyhow, I got ready for bed and crawled in next to him, hoping not to wake him. No suck luck. But then he opened his eyes, completely awake (how do kids do that???), looked at me, smiled, and said "Morning, Mama. How was work last night?" Then he said, "I love you, Mama." And he stayed with me until I went to sleep. What a sweetie!!!

Aiden also told Chris this morning that he didn't end up in bed with Daddy last night 'cause he had a bad dream.... "It's just 'cause I wanted to snuggle you, Dad."

Just now, Chris and Paige were leaving to get haircuts. Aiden was happily ensconced in Chris' office chair playing Xbox (Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, of course). When he realized they were leaving, he called out with a merry "Bye, Paige! Love you!!! Have fun with Daddy...." To which she promptly answered, "Love you too, Aiden!!! I will!!!"

It just melts my heart that they really do love each other. And they tell each other without my prompting. I know that won't happen in years to come, but I hope that they always feel it in their hearts, even when they don't say it.

I try to remember the sweet moments when I want to tear my hair out because they've been screaming at each other all afternoon......

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Jenny! I'm so touched you posted to me, and I would love some more details to jog my memory about you. Your kids are so cute, and I'm glad to find another fun blog to read.

    ReplyDelete