Monday, January 4, 2010

Adventures in Dressmaking, part I




Paige has never hit the Disney Princess stage. Really, we've kinda liked it that way. We can handle Ponies who fly the Millennium Falcon, and Care Bears who go on Secret Agent missions. Way more fun than silly, girly princess stuff.
Then my mom and I took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog. (The best movie Disney has put out in years, incidentally.) The kids loved it! Aiden more than Paige, I thought. But as the days went on, Paige wanted to play Princess and the Frog, and the only books she wanted to read was her Princess and the Frog book Santa brought, and it was Princess Tiana-this and Princess Tiana-that. Hmmmmmm............

At Target we found a cute long-sleeved dress that had Princess Tiana on it. ON SALE!!!! Those are the best kind. We bought it, and I think Paige wore it for three days solid. One day, she had a tiny "accident" in it, and I had to run it thru the sanitary cycle in the wash..... which effectively melted most of Princess Tiana off the front. Crap. Of course I couldn't find a replacement.

Soooooo...... I offered to make Sis a Princess Tiana dress to replace the one that was cooked. What was I thinking???? A simple, cute little dress idea has morphed into making a Tiana princess dress, complete with pattern and all. Why do I do these things to myself?

Here is the fabric and pattern that Paige chose:

I'm having problems with Blogger again. I've loaded this pic 5 different times, and it refuses to put the pic in my post the correct way. You get the idea, anyway...

1 comment:

  1. That pattern is adorable! My Mom made Jadelyn a flower girl dress from this pattern. You are a great Mommy. This looks challenging!

    ReplyDelete