Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Overextended much???

Halloween is our favorite holiday. Most of you know this already. I love to bake, carve pumpkins, and be a part of my kids' activities,; generally try to make each Halloween/ harvest season as memorable as possible. Usually I'm pretty good at scheduling our activities pretty evenly. Not this week.....

I was looking at my calendar mid last week, and started doing the math..... Work: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Monday: recover (ie sleep) after work, Paige's end of season soccer party- the soccer party I volunteered to bake a cake for. Hmmmm.... Tuesday morning: Paige preschool- where I volunteered to be parent helper for the day, and bring cupcakes for the Halloween party. Aiden school; also having a Harvest party that I was sending cupcakes to. Oh, and there was the Mommy & Me Halloween party that I was looking forward to taking Finn to.... at the same time as Paige's preschool class. Paige is supposed to wear her costume to the Halloween party- a costume I have yet to finish..... Wednesday morning: to the peds office for flu vaccines (finally)!!! Carve pumpkins.... somewhere in there, so I can head back to work Thursday and Friday nights. Oh yeah, and we have Aiden's parent teacher conference Thursday afternoon. Holy crap when am I going to get all this done?????

Well, Chris volunteered to take my parent helper day at Paige's school this year with the understanding that the Halloween party day would be mine next year. This left me free to take Aiden and Finn to the Mommy & Me Halloween party (which incidentally isn't very fun when you don't know the other moms). I baked the cakes for the Dinosaur Soccer party cake on Thursday and stuck them in the freezer. I worked Friday, and Saturday nights, then prayed for an A-day Sunday night so I could sleep and then run all day Monday. Didn't get it.... oh well. So, Monday morning when I got home, I baked cupcakes, shaped and base frosted the dino cake, then headed to bed around 10. I slept like the dead until 3:30. And when I got up, I discovered that Paige had a fever and was developing a cough. CRAP!!!!!

Well, I had to finish the dino cake. Even though it looked like Sis wasn't going to make her party, I still volunteered the cake. So, I final frosted the dino, and frosted cupcakes. After dropping off the cake at the party (Paige was passed out on the kitchen floor at the time, so we dodged a fit there), we got the kids to bed. I was pretty sure Paige wasn't going to school on Tuesday (so bummed!!! We love Mrs. Mills' Halloween day at school- the kids get to go trick-or-treating in the Rec center and everything...), but figured if I DIDN'T finish her Halloween costume she'd wake up in perfect health the next day. So, I pulled out the sewing machine and wrapped up her kitty costume. Finally, after relaxing with Chris, the DVR, and Dancing with the Stars, I dragged my exhausted self to bed.

Paige woke up with a fever this morning, and missed her second party of the week, but wore her kitty costume at home all day anyway. After that particularly brutal Monday, the rest of the week is going to be easy!!!!
Aiden & Finn at the Mommy & Me party

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kim! I feel worn out and tired after reading this blog entry. Poor page! You are such a great Mom. More like SUPER MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete