Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bedtime

I am a bedtime nazi.... We start bedtime routine at our place between 7:30 and 7:45 every night (I'm home, anyway). My kids are in bed by 8:30 at the latest every night. Now, I'm not saying they are asleep by then.... just tucked in. Finn usually goes to bed at 7:00, so he's long asleep by the time the big kids turn in.

We have company coming from the Portland area this weekend (woohoo!!!), and they are not going to get in until late. We're talking 9:30 or 10:00. Chris and I decided it would be okay for the kids to stay up until their cousins get here, since they know the kids are coming and have been dying to see them. It's a special treat for them. That being said, I'm going NUTS!!!!!

It's 9:25, and the kids are actually being very good. But they're awake and downstairs. My usual night-time routine of cleaning up and then relaxing has totally been shot. How do parents who let their kids stay up late do this???? I love my children dearly, but I also love my few hours of kid-free time every night. If the cousins take too much longer to get here, I think my kids will be headed to bed.

Oh, and the best part.... Even though they'll get to bed way later than usual, they'll still be up at the crack of day tomorrow morning. No sleeping in for them! Aiden especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment