Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flu shots, pumpkins, and boredom (oh my!)...

We took the kids to get their seasonal flu shots this morning, finally. Aiden and Paige were old enough to qualify for the nasal mist, but Finn still had to get a shot. This was expected; the kids were warned ahead of time. Aiden was told that kicking the nurse administering the vaccine was not an appropriate method of protestation. Once in the exam room, Aiden was quite emphatically NOT GOING FIRST!!!! That was fine, we did the reverse birth order... Finn, Paige, then our Drama King. Finn barely made a peep getting his shot, tough kid. Paige was a little confused with the whole nasal mist thing, but she finally got it and inhaled the medicine without complaint. Aiden sat watching it all. Mid-sniff from Sister, and Aide clamps his hands over his nose and starts protesting (loudly) that he is NOT doing that, and he is also NOT getting a shot. Somewhat long, embarrassing story short; the kid ends up in my lap with me clamping onto his head and hands while the nurse quick-squirts-this-crap-in-as-fast-as-she-can while Aiden screams. I have a quick, uncomfortable flashback to The Lego Incident last year. When it was all over, Aiden sat up, blinked owlishly, sniffed, and said, "That didn't hurt..... I didn't feel anything!!!"
On a better note, it was pumpkin carving afternoon today. The kids refused to scoop out pumpkin guts, but at least Paige touched them. Aiden actually helped transfer patterns for the first time today, and had a great time. We're excited to see what they look like lit up on Halloween night.




And boredom...... Really, I'm bored tonight. After all the running around I did at the end of last week and beginning of this week, I have a night with literally nothing to do. I wanted to enjoy this time by catching up on a couple of shows or a movie with the hubby. So not going to happen tonight. Chris is a Yankees fan. Tonight is the first game of the World Series. So, apparently he had a date with some snacks, a beer, and the DVR that I wasn't totally aware of when I was plotting my evening. Stupid Yankees..... I might peruse the bookshelf for an old favorite to re-read, but I'm not really in the mood for that, either. I think I need a pile of new books.

1 comment:

  1. So... I'm pretty sure we have the same pumpkin face carved into ours. The littlest one. Interesting!!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete