Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One of my favorite days of the year

Woo hoo!!!! It's Pumpkin Patch Day!!!!


Okay, so we tried to go to the pumpkin patch yesterday, but got rained out. Bummer for us; especially since I'd made chicken soup and homemade cinnamon rolls to have after we got home. Oh well. We made it there today.


The kids and Chris love the 'patch almost as much as I do. We go to a place called Linder Farms in Meridian. And it keeps growing and growing every year. This year the kids visited the petting zoo again, but actually fed and petted some of the animals. Most of the animals there were babies, so that helped. They even had a camel!!! But he was asleep when we were feeding the other animals, so I didn't get a pic.... Paige had a little hitch with her feed "cup" when she walked up to the pen and held the whole thing out. 2 of the sheep devoured all her feed in about 30 seconds! So, she got another cup, and learned the "proper way" to feed everyone. Aiden even touched the animals, which is always surprising......


The pumpkins themselves were a little disappointing this year. There are usually millions of pumpkins in 3 or 4 different areas spread out over the farm's property. This year, there seemed to be only about half the normal amount of pumpkins, and the ones they had were not very good quality. I wonder if our weird summer had an effect on the growing? Hmmmm..... It wasn't a very pretty day to begin with, either- mostly cloudy with a few sun breaks. But it didn't rain all day..... unit we got out into the pumpkin field. Lucky for us, it was just a quick passing shower. But, because of the extra hurry, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I usually do.


The kids managed to squeeze in the swings, the bounce house, and the haybale maze before it was time for the end-of-the-trip-snack. They're usually not too interested in the other activities there, but this year were really into them. It was fun to see them running thru the maze trying to figure out which way to go. Then popcorn, and little mini-donuts, and time to go. Finn even had a good time, and crashed in the car on the way home.

On another note, I had my MRI today. Just another in a long list of tests and procedures I've had since my gallbladder surgery in July. Some of my lab values are still high, and my GI doc can't figure out why they aren't back to normal. So, we had an MRI to look at my bile ducts again, in effort to see if they are (still) acting up. I see now why claustrophobic people have to be medicated before undergoing an MRI.... it was a very small space, and LOUD!!! Anyhow, I'm waiting for a call back from my doc with the results. I'm hoping to hear from him either tomorrow of Friday.

Aiden and I made it through Chapter 2 in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone tonight. I love that he loves listening to me read. Hopefully some day soon he'll be the one reading, and I'll be the one listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment