Friday, October 16, 2009

End of the week thoughts

So my goal was to post here daily.... But I think that's not very realistic on the nights I work. And really not very interesting for the reader, either.... Since I'm a nurse working at a hospital (especially), our pt care is all wrapped up in HIPPA. I get it, really I do.... But it makes telling stories about the funny or amazing things that happen at work hard. We are all smart enough not to use names any more, but where I work even situations are so patient specific that someone could potentially guess who I'm talking about without me mentioning a name- or even a room number! So, I probably won't relate too many funny, interesting, crazy, or amazing work stories here. According to the Women's Services Director, it's just too public and you never know who is reading. Grrrr........

I talked to my GI dr's nurse today; they got the results of my MRI from Wednesday. Lucky for me, everything came back clean. Woohoo!!!! The inflamation and residual fluid left over from my bile leak this summer are improving, and everything else is working the way it should. We've decided that it is just taking an extraordinarily long time for my body to process the toxins from the leak. I have to have follow up labs again in a couple weeks, but compared to some procedures giving a little blood is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment