Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Laundry.....

..... that's what I'm doing tonight. It seems like that's what I'm always doing. I remember when I had Aiden, someone told me that the laundry would multiply and overflow. That's just what happens when you have kids. Well, it didn't. Adding Aiden to the family didn't seem to change the laundry flow at all. Now, when Paige came along... that was a different story!!! Suddenly it seemed like there was laundry coming out of our ears. But it was still manageable; I could wash clothes every other week. And as long as everything was put away right after it was washed and folded (hahahahahahahahahaha.....), it seemed like there was a little time with no laundry hanging over my head. Enter baby #3, everyday school, and soccer.... Now we have laundry coming out our ears, leaking from under beds, trailing down the stairs, and in residence on our recliner in the living room. There is ALWAYS laundry that needs to be done, even if I just finished washing everything yesterday! Where does it come from???? Why does it stalk me??? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to get things put away when they will be chasing me through the house in just a matter of days' time.

I wish there was a laundry fairy.

Oh yeah, there is.

Me.


And my first "horrible mother" moment with Finn.
We all hate those. Poor baby was sitting on my lap (I was sitting on the floor criss-cross applesauce, as the kids say these days). Finn lunged for something in front of him, and I didn't catch him in time. He hit the floor face first (we have hardwoods covered by a rug), and of course let out a wail. I felt awful! Then, I felt even worse when I realized that he had blood pooling from his mouth. The kid only has one tooth!!!! Where is all this blood coming from??? We never found out... the bottom of his tongue maybe? He wailed for awhile, but managed to calm down. A bath, bottle, and some tylenol later the little guy headed to bed.
Sorry, buddy....

No comments:

Post a Comment