Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm almost there....

What a great jog this morning. I went to the local high school and used their track. Time to really measure distance, instead of time.

Walked 2 laps, ran a mile, walked a lap, then ran another mile. Cooled down with a final lap walking. Holy cow!!! I never could finish even one lap around the track- even in high school. I actually liked running on the track, too. Less to trip over... Didn't really have to think about much of anything. It's easier to run when I can get inside my head, and not worry too much about what is going on around me. You know, my screaming muscles, other people, cracks in the sidewalk... Just as long as I have a good playlist on the ipod, I'm set.

Today Paige had her annual trip to the fire station with her preschool. The same crew of guys was on today that we met last year. She had a great time, and was way more into it this year. She loved answering questions, and didn't hesitate to approach the lucky one who got to suit up in full gear. I think that's my favorite part of the trip. No, not cause I think firemen are hot.... But because the kids get to see and hear what the (wo)men look like if there was an actual fire, and they were being rescued. It's pretty cool. I guess me and Chris should make a fire plan to teach the kids.

I think I'm going to make a hair appointment today. It's time for a cut, and some new color. And I have to go in to see my GI doc tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to that. I'll let you all know what goes down.

Hope you're having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yea Kim for running! Thats so awesome! We will have to do a 5k together sometime...which means a trip to Boise!

    ReplyDelete