Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy meal night and a fever


So, I guess as parents we're suckers. We let our kids go to McDonald's once a week for a Happy Meal. Since Tuesdays are half-price-Happy-Meal-nights, it just seems like the natural time to go. It's kind of becoming a tradition; maybe not the best tradition, but a tradition nonetheless. Really we all know the kids just want the toy. Luckily, Aiden and Paige like the apples better than fries, and Aiden gets milk. Paige used to get apple juice until she discovered Sprite, and even better, Diet Coke (she only gets her own DC once in a great while). Tonight, Finn discovered hamburgers. Wow. We've heard him growl at food before, but that was just purring compared to what we heard tonight. I tried to catch it on video, but by the time I got the camera out, he'd quieted down a bit. I got a great picture, though!!!

Aiden took his first trip to the school nurse today. He went for a headache and he said a backache. Weird. Anyhow, by the time he got home, he had a fever. Hopefully it will be short-lived. He has a birthday party to go to tomorrow, and I'd hate for him to miss it. I couldn't convince him to take and ibuprofen for me, but he did want an ice pack for his head. Funny kid. I should have gotten a picture of that! Even though he's not feeling well, he got his Happy Meal tonight, too. But he took one bite of his burger (ketchup only, please), put it down and said, "this tastes funny tonight....". Needless to say, he didn't finish it.



Here's the video of Finn at dinnertime. I hope it works!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment