Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grilled cheese, nature walks, and vetrans

What a great week!


We all know that Finn loves to eat. This is such a fun stage- I love watching Finn explore the world around him and discover new things. It reminds me that there can be such joy and wonder in the little things in life. This week, Finn discovered the heaven that is a grilled cheese sandwich. Paige had mostly the crusts left over from her sandwich at lunch, and I thought it would be the perfect thing for him to gnaw on (you know, him and that one tooth he has!). Boy was I right!!!! The grilled cheese was a hit.


Paige got to put on her boots, heavy coat, and mittens and head out for the annual Fall Walk with Mrs. Mills and her preschool class. Side note here... One of the other moms from Paige's class absolutely LOVES our daughter. Chris and I think it is the funniest thing (in an almost sweet/stalker kind of way). She only has boys, and dotes a ton of attention on Paige. Anyhow, she was parent helper that day and said that Sis walked with her the entire time and provided her with some quality girl chatter. Paige came home that afternoon with a paper bag full of her treasures- namely pinecones. And those were the ones that she didn't use to make her fall wreath!


Aiden learned about veterans in school this week. Mrs. Abad talked to the kids about what made a person a veteran, and read a story in class about the meaning and importance of Veterans Day. The kids got to make thank-you cards with a poppy on the front, and "thank you Veteran's" written in both english and spanish. The only reason I know all this (with the exception of seeing the card, of course) is because I was parent volunteer at school that day. Aiden rarely divulges so much about a single school day.




It was really exciting for me to sit in on one of his school days. And by "sit in on" I mean observing while attacking the mountainous stack of laminated class papers/projects with a pair of sharp scissors in hand. Mrs. Abad conducts the first half of her class in spanish and the second half in english. All the songs they sing are in both languages, as well as the counting they do, the syllables & letters they practice, and their activity centers. The kids amaze me- they're all like little sponges! I'm looking forward to volunteering in his class more often. And Aide thought it was pretty cool, too.


Chris picked up Call of Duty 2 (I think), on midnight Monday night/ Tuesday morning, and has been blowing off some extra steam with a new game. Though he still made the time for our weekly date with Dancing with the Stars and Castle. And I'm getting excited watching all the Christmas gifts starting to show up at the house. Now, if only I knew where to hide them from the kids.......

2 comments:

  1. Very close...it is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Technically, it is Call of Duty 6. You actually bought me Call of Duty 2 about 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. I knew that wasn't right, but figured I'd try!

    ReplyDelete