Monday, November 16, 2009

The Diaper Debacle

We buy diapers by the box. Who doesn't these days? Diapers are expensive, and you get more bang for your buck if you buy them in bulk.... We buy our diapers from Target- the Target store brand to be exact. Chris and I both wish we had discovered them with our other kids. They are by far the best store-brand diaper out there, beating out even Costco's Kirkland brand. We even like them better than Huggies. Now, Pampers Cruisers are our favorites, but they are just too expensive. I get a box of 92 diapers for about 13 bucks at Target. Granted, Costco sells them in boxes of approximately 200, but for 38 dollars a box. So, buying two boxes of Target diapers at a time is still cheaper- 192 diapers for 26 bucks. Great deal. Although it necessitate a trip to Target to buy them, and that in itself can be a dangerous pursuit. I love Target, and rarely get out of there with just diapers....


What's the debacle, you ask??? Well, we were at Target a couple weeks ago, and bought another box of diapers. We weren't out, just wanted to have the next box on hand early. Apparently that was a bad idea. Somewhere in my house/ garage/ van is an unopened box of 96 diapers. And I can't find them anywhere. The box isn't nondescript.... it's bright yellow and white. We remember buying the diapers, and we remember bringing them inside. I remember tripping over the box and thinking, "Ugh.... I don't want to be tripping over this stupid box for the next two weeks.....". Then I swear I took the box upstairs and stashed it in Finn's closet for easy access when I next needed diapers. Only now it isn't there. Or in the closet in the guest room, or anywhere else that I can find. Chris can't find it either. Seriously, how does one misplace an entire, unopened box of diapers???? If we never find it, at least I'm only out 13 bucks. But still....


I guess this means I'm headed back to Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment