Monday, November 23, 2009

Glee & Defying Gravity

I love musicals. I've been a sucker for movies, shows, anything with singing and dancing since I fell in love with Grease and Footloose as a child. Oh, and let's not forget Kids Incorporated......

So, when I heard there was a new show on Fox this fall about a group of nerdy, outcast glee-club kids that had singing in it, I HAD to check it out. Thank heavens for Hulu.com. I watched the first episode and was hooked. I subsequently watched the next two or three episodes. Yes, it's a little corny (okay, a lot corny).... but it's hilarious, and does deal with some real-life issues. The cast is incredibly talented, and it is a ton of fun to watch. And it doesn't hurt that one of the main characters is names Finn....

Last week the cast had a "diva off". Two of the kids were auditioning to the rest of the group for the chance to perform a song from the musical "Wicked". Now I read the book "Wicked" about a year ago. I didn't like it, and I couldn't picture how they could have ever made it into a musical. So, my interest in the musical died then. The song they sang on Glee is called Defying Gravity, and I have fallen in love with it. Both Kurt and Rachel (the characters on the show) sang it beautifully, and I have since looked it up and listened to it numerous times online. Makes me wonder if I'd actually like the musical, too.... Hmmmm....

I was hoping to post a video clip of the Glee kids singing Defying Gravity. But I can't find it online in very many places, and I'm just not that tech savvy yet. So, here's a link to another blog that has posted it online. If you're reading this and love a good perfomance, watch it. You'll be glad you did!

Glee – Defying Gravity – Diva Off – Video

I love it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment