Friday, April 9, 2010

Whew....

......what a week!!!!

I worked, and worked, and worked some more. And then I worked again! I've decided that working 8 hours of a skills lab might be a little too much. 4 hours is great, but teaching the same thing over and over again for 8 hours (to people who should know what's going on) gets a little old. I was teaching/ evaluating my fellow nurses on the use of a PCA pump. Okay, I think 8 hours would be okay, if we can swap with someone after 4 hours and teach something else.

Anyway, I was ready to get the heck out of there. Lucky for me, when work called last night looking for extra help (for the third day in a row) I had a great excuse to say no. "So sorry, I'm headed out of state in the morning". Woo hoo!!!!

We got up at 6am this morning (sucks, by the way. One should never see 6am unless it is at the end of your day), loaded into the car, and headed over to Oregon to see my parents.

We were a little apprehensive about the trip. We drove. For 6-ish hours. In a minivan....with three kids. One of whom is a toddler. Could have been a disaster of epic proportions. But amazingly, everything went as smoothly as it could have gone. Finn was grumpy for about the last 45 minutes, but the overall trip went really well.

We're looking forward to our visit. Tomorrow we're going to celebrate the beginning of Spring with my parents and the kids. So the Easter Bunny (who skipped our house last Sunday) is going to bring baskets and hide eggs here tomorrow afternoon. We decorated eggs tonight; a great fun mess. And on Sunday, we are going to have a dinner with my parents and grandparents. I even think one of my cousins is going to come over.

I've been slacking on the blog front. I need to make an effort to get to this more often. I don't want to be one of the blog statistics. You know, the ones who blog religiously for the first 6 months then quit.......

Happy Spring everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment