Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Going to the movies

I love going to the movies. I've loved it since I was little. We don't make it to the movies very often. You know, three kids and babysitters and all of that. But when we do, it's a treat.

Yesterday, we took the big kids to see "How to Train Your Dragon". This is not the first movie we've taken the kids to see. Aiden's first movie at the theater was "Cars", when he was three. And I think Paige's first movie was Kung Fu Panda. Most recently, they saw "The Princess and the Frog".

The kids actually do really well at the theater. They still cover their ears when the previews start, and Paige still has a hard time sitting still the entire time. But overall they are great. And the experience is worth it. We always buy them the awful movie popcorn and a drink, but smuggle in Junior Mints or Gummies for an extra treat. Okay, the Junior Mints are for me..... but Paige really likes them, too!

How to Train Your Dragon was great. Adventure, excitement, Vikings, dragons, and scottish accents (yeah, I'm not sure why the viking sounded like a scot.....). It was funny, breath-taking in parts, full of fantasy, and very family friendly. Aiden loved it, and Paige thought it was pretty okay. However, she insisted on "going to the bathroom" one time too many.....

This may be the only time I say this line...... Thankfully, the current Happy Meal toys are dragon figures from the movie. Now that Aide thinks he's a dragon expert, he has action figures to help him act out all his favorite scenes. And for once, we got the "main character"!!! We usually only get the supporting players.....

For those of you who are following my liver saga: I've been on vitamin D replacement therapy for nearly 5 weeks now. I had my labs drawn over the weekend, and I'm happy to report that they are significantly down!!! Woo hoo!!! Hopefully this whole Vit D debacle will be the key to having a happy liver again.

No comments:

Post a Comment