Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another chore?

I love reading other people's blogs. And I love my blog. But I find it's really hard to keep updated when nothing exciting is happening in life. There's only so much mundane every-day stuff that I think other people want to read about.

But then I remind myself that it's the mundane every -day activities that make up our lives. And if I skimp on that all the time, then I'm missing out on memories.

Our Spring Break ends tomorrow, and the kids head back to school. I think Aiden's ready. He misses his friends, and he misses class. We miss the routine of him going to school for a little while every day. He's spent the break building with his legos, playing Ratchet and Clank on the PS3, bugging his sister, and playing with a friend on his first ever drop-off playdate. We also cleaned up the kids' room, which they think is a very fun thing to do. (Could be cause we don't do it that often.....)

Paige has watched The Princess and the Frog countless times since it came out on DVD almost 2 weeks ago. She spends her in-between time playing The Princess and the Frog with her stuffed frog, and if she's not doing that, she's playing Princess Pinkie Pie with her My Little Ponies. She still prefers to dress herself in dresses, and poofy princess dresses are still on the top of her list. Yesterday she got to pick out a new pair of purple glasses, and she is anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Finn has found his independence. He's not walking quite yet, but is soooooo close he can taste it. It won't be too much longer now. He has embraced toddlerhood in all its glory, and reminds me of his brother at this age. As Aiden was the king of temper tantrums, that's not necessarily a good thing. Finn definitely knows what he wants, and if he's not allowed to have it, or taken away from it he protests. Loudly. He's babbling a lot more now with a ton of different noises. He responds when you ask him something, and a lot of times his responses sound like he's trying to say the actual words.

Chris has been trying to iron out the whole car thing. And he's done a great job. I'm also super proud of him for sticking with the whole not smoking thing. It's been a challenge through the last couple of weeks, but he's stuck with it. I've been working and working some more. Now we're trying to get the chores done and house pulled together before our trip to Bend next week. On today's agenda: more laundry. I swear it never ends.... We had a great, although short, visit with Chris' brother and his family this weekend. Makes me remember how much I love to see family. Just wish we could travel more.

The next week is going to be mostly work for me, but after three night shifts and an 8 hour day I'll have a week off. Hopefully we'll have more exciting adventures to post about then!

No comments:

Post a Comment