Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

*sigh*

This has not been the best day.

First I had to go to the doctor. And their scale was off by... well... alot. In the wrong direction. Ugh. Not a good way to start the visit.

Then talking with the doctor about some recent lab results. Short story is that I have a vitamin D deficiency. But I had to have more blood drawn because there are other things that often go with a vitamin D deficiency.

Then, on the way home from the doctor's office, I was rear-ended. Now, I was in my beloved "pink car", my Toyota Tercel that I bought brand new back in '97.

My Tercel that gets 40+ MPG. My Tercel that is our commuter car. My Tercel that we love. My Tercel that is paid for.

I was stopped in traffic that was backed up at a red light. And was hit-hard- by a '91 full sized Ford Bronco. There wasn't a scratch on the stupid Bronco when it was all said and done, but my trunk is pushed up into my back windshield.



Thank goodness I didn't have the baby with me. I was going to take him with me to my appointment, but decided not to at the last minute.

Now we "get" to deal with insurance companies (but we all had insurance, thank heavens), body shops, and potentially more doctors' appointments. Luckily no one was hurt. But Chris and I are pretty sure the damage done to my little car is going to exceed its worth. Not good news for us.

I'm glad the day is almost over.

But I did get the cinnamon rolls for Aiden's class snack tomorrow made. Almost. They just need to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment