Friday, December 18, 2009

It really is time to get ready for Chrismas

Well, Paige's birthday is officially over for the year, and we're going to be celebrating the holidays in just a matter of days. Guess I'd better get the presents wrapped and under the tree.... I think I actually have everything that is going to go under the tree, but I'll have to check the stash just to be sure. I should do that today. Should, but will I???

I've also decided NOT to send out many Christmas cards this year. I usually send over 50. I think they are a great way to update people who we don't talk to through the year. But in this technological age, with Facebook, e-mail, blogging, and the like there aren't many people I don't connect with in some way. As I was going through my Christmas card list this year, I realized that 90% of the people on that list either read our blogs or are our "friends" on Facebook. So, there wouldn't really be anything new or exiting to talk about in our yearly Christmas letter. Also, I think sending out fewer cards will do a tiny part to reduce waste. I love getting cards in the mail, really I do. But then I feel guilty throwing them away- or even recycling them- at the end of the season. Some people may think that not sending cards and updating electronically isn't "in the season", but it works for us!

I'm going to have to get out and get some stocking stuffers. Then I'm going to have to find the stockings. I know I bought the kids new stockings last year, but (of course) they weren't with the Christmas things and I can' find them anywhere!!! Oh well. I was going to get new ones soon, anyway. Finn needs a stocking, too, and I like for them all to match.

Hard to believe we're mid December already, and that it's going to be the new year soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment