Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy busy....

It's been awhile. Again. I'd say sorry, but I've been waaaay busy.

Work is killing me; I'm going to be so glad to get back to my "normal" schedule again. The end of this month has just been nuts. 3 nights on, 2 off; then 3 nights on, 2 off; then 2 on, 2 off....... There's not much "off" time there. And on those couple days off, I have to sleep, keep up with things around the house (read: the never-ending piles of laundry), plan for Aiden's birthday in a week, and prepare for my parents coming, as well as the couple we are going to surrogate for. All in the next week.

On top of that, I'm trying to pull the house together and finish up some projects that are long overdue. Like tonight.... Chris and I are going to paint the craft room. I have decorative mirrors to hang, pictures to rotate, and couch cushions to flip.

At some point, I'm going to have to go back to the grocery store, and Costco. Oh yeah, and get ready for the trip to Boston that Chris and I are taking- the week Aiden has his kindergarten graduation and Paige has her last day of school. Thank god soccer ended today- one less thing on our plate. Though we do have two soccer parties to attend in the next two weeks.

Speaking of soccer.... Today was the Jamboree; or the last day of soccer games that was supposed to be like a little carnival. However, Mother Nature had other plans for us. Both the kids only played one of their two games. It was cold (like winter coat cold), damp, and then it started to rain. And rain, and rain......

Where was Spring again???? Oh yeah. Not here.

Right now I'm trying to recharge in the relative quiet. Paige is on her computer, Aiden is cutting out dragons, and Chris is on the X Box. Finn is sleeping soundly in bed. But the quiet moment is fleeting. In 5 minutes, I'm going to get the kids in bed, then break out the paint.

And life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment