Monday, July 5, 2010

A long overdue visit

When we moved to our "new" town 9 years ago so I could start my new career, Chris and I met Autumn and Doug. They had moved to town recently; Autumn was a new nurse, too and we would be starting at the same hospital, on the same unit.

Over the next 6 1/2 years, we worked together, lived together briefly, then lived in the same neighborhood for awhile before they landed a spot with 5 acres. We spent holidays together, had our babies together, then watched our babies grow into kids. 2 1/2 years ago, they moved back to Oregon. Very sad for us all, but lucky for us within driving distance.

Well, it took us those 2 1/2 years, but we finally made it out to them to spend a couple days. The 4th of July holiday and a long "weekend" for me was a great excuse. However, I hope it doesn't take me another 2 1/2 years to get back out there.... We had a fantastic time!!!

It was a busy, fun-packed, exhausting weekend- especially for the kids. We took them to the park, then swimming, they got to stay up late watching movies. Autumn and I had some girl time at a movie of our own. Then we packed everyone into the cars at dusk and hit a double-feature drive in. The kids watched about half of Marmaduke before crashing in sleeping bags outside (well, except for Brenna- Autumn's oldest. She made it all the way to the 2nd movie!). We had a 4th of July barbecue lunch complete with oreo milkshakes courtesy of Uncle Doug. The kids "swam" in the kiddie pool, ran away from the puppy, and were crazy for two days straight. (Lucky for us parents, they all got along the entire time....)

Before we knew it, it was time to pack up and head home again. The kids started swimming lessons this morning, but I'm sure before too much longer I'll hear, "Mom, I'm boooo-ooored..... What are we going to do today????"

Thanks for a great weekend, Autumn, Doug, Brenna, and Carlee!!!

Watching Avatar long past normal bedtime.
Finn climbing up at the playground. Aiden took down the slide, and he had a blast.

Wow, she's smiling for the camera!!!


Aiden is smiling, too. How'd I get so lucky??? I was pushing my luck for a pic of all my kids, though. When I tried, Finn ran, and the big kids had pained looks on their faces.


All bundled up at the drive-in.

Milkshake mustaches!!! Carlee, Paige, and Brenna loved the oreo shakes.



Dog-piling Chris!!!



More summer memories to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment